2.24.2006

Can't we all program along?

Al Gore's crappy, nationwide television station, Current TV, is being sued by our crappy, local, public radio station, The Current, surprisingly, over it's name. First of all, in the two times I've been forced to listen to DFL Radio The Current, I didn't hear shit I liked. At one point, they played something very obscure that lead someone to chime out, "Dude, they played this band no one's ever heard of? This station is awesome." Sorry, no. Believe it or not, the reason no one's heard of your band is not because the poo-poo music industry is trying to hide them from the public, and it's not because people have poor taste in music. It's simply because your music isn't mainstream. Get over it. The Current sucks, and I'm very disappointed that my tax money goes into it. Now I haven't seen Al Gore's TV network yet, but if it's as good as the internet, I'll give it a try.

No comments: