12.11.2004

Gaseous Anomaly

I filled my gas tank for under 20 dollars ($17.72 to be precise) for the first time in quite a while. We've all heard the jibber-jabber about how the Iraq war was fought over oil, even though gas prices went up instead of down, and no anti-war hippie could explain it. Until they decided to blame the higher prices on Bush as well, but this time it was mishandling of the economy. So, "he was going after oil, but he couldn't even steal oil properly," is basically what these idiots were saying.

Well, gas is sliding down again, slowly but surely. It's consistently slid downward over the last month since Election Day, with one little jump before Thanksgiving, which is quite safe to assume was because of the demand of Holiday travelers. Obviously, this is because we're stealing oil in Iraq again.

I think I figured it out. Whatever goes wrong... blame Bush! AHA!!

I lost my job; BLAME BUSH!

Gas prices are higher; BLAME BUSH!

My dog ran away; BLAME BUSH!

I stubbed my toe; BLAME BUSH AND CHENEY BECAUSE IT REALLY HURT!!

Makes sense to me. I can't finish the second-to-the-last level in Rogue Leader on GameCube, and it's no question in my mind that it's because of this administration.

Update: I finished that level, obviously because of the dissenting Democrats in the Senate, but unfortunately Bush is continuing to push his right-wing agenda on me, and I can't finish the last level. It's a sad day to be an American.

Update: Gas went down 2 more cents sometime on the 11th or 12th, to $1.679 per gallon. Remember though, it is completely impossible that Bush had anything to do with it. Only when it goes up is it Bush's fault. (Even though the president actually has little to no influence over gas prices.)

Update: Gas jumped up a hair... a week before Christmas. The holiday, I'm sure, had nothing to do with it. It's just Curious George fumbling over which valve flushes the toilet or steals the oil. This will be the last update, too, because it jumped up last weekend and slid down a bit, once again, to $1.699. Oh, and being a delivery person, I pump gas everyday. So... yeah, I get daily updates on the gas prices. (Oh and if you're interested, gas is cheaper in Owatonna, too, so if you somehow think it would be worth it to drive from Rochester to get cheaper gas, that's where to go. C'mon, it's only about 40 miles away.)

No comments: