12.08.2004

What's in a name?

Have a look at this.

South Park Republicans are true Republicans, though they do not look or act like Pat Robertson. They believe in liberty, not conformity. They can enjoy watching The Sopranos even if they are New Jersey Italians. They can appreciate the tight abs of Britney Spears or Brad Pitt without worrying about the nation's decaying moral fiber. They strongly believe in liberty, personal responsibility, limited government, and free markets. However, they do not live by the edicts of political correctness.

The South Park Republicans are an incredibly diverse group encompassing a variety of nontraditional conservatives, such as the Terminator, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Bruce Willis supported Republicans because of their commitment to lower taxes and fiscal discipline. Rap artist and movie actor LL Cool J recently endorsed NY governor George Pataki.

I like the term "South Park Republican." You can call me that, if you want. I was thinking about "Progressive Republican," but I wouldn't want people to think I'm a "progressive" in the traditional political definition. I agree with the progressives up to a certain point, but most of them take it waaaay too far.

Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Arnold... They're my boys. The other night, I saw a GOP lawmaker from Alabama by the name of Gerald Allen on FoxNews who wants to basically ban all books referencing gay characters such as The Color Purple. He's not my boy. Although, my sense of fairness surfaces again, and I have to let everyone know that Gerald Allen is specifically saying that public funds should not be used in purchasing these books. Though I still don't agree with him by a longshot, he isn't trying to hold a book-burning. And for the FoxNews-haters, they were not praising him, Alan Colmes was grilling Allen faster than he could string words together, though I prefer the No Spin Zone m'self.

Note: I forgot Allen's name, so I had to look it up on the net, and the article I found quoted a board member of Equality Alabama (a gay-rights organization... in... ALABAMA) who said Allen might be "attempting to become the George Wallace of homosexuality." I thought I might remind everyone that Wallace was a Democrat. THPTPHPTHPTHPT.

No comments: