12.03.2004

Yessa, dis be da 80GB IDE hard drive

Political correctness loves to pop up in the weirdest places sometimes, and the Global Language Monitor has found the 10 silliest examples. A PC issue about PCs (pardon the pun) made the #1 spot:

In computer terminology, "master/slave" refers to primary and secondary hard disk drives. But a Los Angeles county purchasing department told vendors in late 2003 that the term was offensive and violated the region's cultural diversity. The county's department of affirmative action undertook a hunt to replace it on packages.

I think it speaks for itself. No need for my comments on the utter stupidity of political correctness.

But, turning to the boring anecdote... I kind of wish I'd saved my persuasive speech I did in 10th grade which was against political correctness. In retrospect, I'm suprised I got the class award for the best speech in that catagory, considering the subtle liberal programming going on in public schools. I say subtle, not because it's like an underground coup to brainwash the kids. I say it because of how they seem to be trying to plant a few small nuggets of liberal thinking in every kid that passes through. This is not always a bad thing either, but, again in retrospect, it's suprising that my speech was so highly commended by the teacher for a speech that was anti-politically-correct-agenda. Oh, and forgive the dash of racism in the title, but political correctness is retarded. Oh damn, I did it again.

No comments: